Monday, March 29, 2010

Heroes

"You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if its just in your own eyes"---Walter M. Schirra, Sr.


"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."--Christopher Reeve

I have so many heroes in my life, some my age, some older, and some much, much younger. When I was younger, I was determined that I could save the world and make it a much better place to live. I have found that throughout my life that I have met individuals who have shown me that anything is possible.

I would like all to meet Jonah, he is 2 years old and has been diagnosed with Bronchiectasis. He is treated similarly to those who have Cystic Fibrosis. He makes regular trips up to Primary Children's hospital for different procedures, doctor visits and so forth. He usually always has a cute little smile on his face and has the most contagious laughter that I have ever heard. He is definitely a little boy and gets into mischief even up at the hospital. Oh, how I love this little man and what he has taught me about life, I can never repay him.





4 comments:

Jessica said...

full on tears are running down my cheeks!
Your quotes at the top of your post must have been written for Jonah! You know what a huge fan I am of your work, but when it's pics of my boy, my fighter, well... there are just no words to describe what I feel when I see them.
Thank you for your gift of these amazing pics that well document a day with my wild man.

Deni said...

He is adorable. Prayers are with Jonah and his family.

Jessica said...

Ps Im stilling from your blog! Love ya!

Heather said...

What a sweetheart! I love the picture of him with the blanket as his cape, how cute! We can learn a lot from the little ones!